Pages

Monday 9 December 2013

Natural and Awake Makeup Look

For those tired and dull skin days (having had lot's of those since being at uni). My face is always in need of a bit of a pick-me-up. These are some of my beauty picks for an awake and fresh faced look after pulling those pesky all nighters. 


First, I like to prime my face with the Benefit "that gal" Brightening Face Primer which instantly corrects dull skin and gives a natural glow to the skin. Then I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation which is becoming to be my new favourite foundation. It has a light to medium coverage that is buildable and gives a lovely natural, dewy and glowing finish. Under the eyes and any blemishes I have I use the Benefit Erase Paste. This also does a brilliant job of brightening under the eyes to hide those dark circles and makes you look more awake (even if you are a walking zombie).
I like to have a subtle pink glow on the cheeks and for this I use the Topshop Head Over Heels Cream Blush which is a lovely coral pink colour and complements any skin tone. If I wanna go that extra mile and look even more awake I will go in with a highlighter and for this I use just a bit of Mac Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle, this gives a bronze, rose gold colour to the tops on the cheek bones. 
For eyes I keep it really simple, to be honest I would rather have that extra few minutes in bed then faff around with eye shadow when I haven't had much sleep. So I just pop a bit of BareMinerals Eyecolor in Soul on the tear duct area to brighten up the eyes then use a few coats of Maybelline The Rocket Mascara. Then to finish off the look I use Maybelline Baby Lips in Peach Kiss.

xoxo


2 comments :

  1. baby lips is my fav lip balm...the packaging is cute and they smell great. I don't have the one in peach surprisingly, since I literally have all the other flavors, but that one is definitely going to be my next purchase :) Great post!
    http://skaterskirtsandwaistbelts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try out some of the Baby Lips flavours! :) They look so cute as well.
    You've got a new follower here!

    http://ellistuesday.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete